31 May, 2005

 

Music

Even though I've been busy lately getting papers written and formatted for this year's MIUA and ICAPR conferences, I've still found time to be creative.

I pretty much had to. I woke up on Saturday morning with a tune in my head that wouldn't go away. It was a Portishead type of tune that got more and more concrete as I spent the morning humming it.

Since then, I've been trying to get it out of my head and I think I've finally done it. In the end, I think it owes as much to Death In Vegas as it does to Portishead, but I like the result.

Thanks to the people on the Linux Audio Users' list for listening to the early test of the sound, and for their extremely useful comments.

Especially thanks to Shayne O'Connor for the best description of the sound I was after: kinky-noir. I love that.

Anyway, the track can be downloaded from my music page or this direct link.

Comments are not only welcome, they're begged for.

Comments:
You wrote:

# Calmer [ogg|mp3]. 07/07/05 - Short, guitary thing. Jamin kept crashing, so this isn't compressed or polished at all.

Could you please report about crashes to jamin-devel@ or via SF bugtracker?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Social bookmarks

Delicious

Bookmark this on Delicious

Links

Support The Commons









This site:

Free your code:

archives