09 May, 2005

 

Penguin

Penguins. They're ace.

They look funny. They fall over watching aeroplanes. Tux is a penguin, and gentoo is a type of penguin.

The people at Penguin are also very nice.

A long time ago, I had a tape of Lear's nonsense called "Selected Bosh", read by Alan Bennett. Somehow, it got lost and I'd forgotten all about it until a few days ago.

I thought I might find another copy, but Amazon, eBay and the whole interwebnet don't have it.

I managed to find out that it was published by "Cover to Cover Story Tapes", which is (or maybe was) part of Penguin. I emailed the nice people there and they told me that they don't sell it any more, but they had it in their archive and they'd happily get the recording people to make me a copy.

I thought this sounded expensive, but when I asked which limb they required for such a service, they told me they'd do it for free, since it was a one-off.

I'm going to buy some more of their great series of pocket sized books tomorrow.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Social bookmarks

Delicious

Bookmark this on Delicious

Links

Support The Commons









This site:

Free your code:

archives