15 September, 2005

 

In the post

In the post this morning, along with some stuff for Pippin, I had another invitation to get into debt from a credit card company.

The leaflet had pictures of people smiling, paragraphs telling me not to miss those bargains just because I couldn't afford them and lots of positive words picked out in bold.


All perfectly normal, but then I noticed the interest rate.

Bloody Nora!

Looking on the net, it seems that the company responsible tries to target people with bad credit ratings. I don't mind that they assumed that I would - I live near Dudley in the heart of the Black Country - but I really don't like the way they try to squeeze money out of people vulnerable to this kind of thing. I won't name names, just in case the company don't like being noticed while they try to shaft the poor and the financially ignorant.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Social bookmarks

Delicious

Bookmark this on Delicious

Links

Support The Commons









This site:

Free your code:

archives