09 September, 2005

 

Music from sleeplessness

Sometimes I just can't sleep.

I lie in the dark trying to shut down, but it doesn't happen. I try to relax, but I end up estimating the total wall area of the room and the area taken up by the furniture, and then working out one as a percentage of the other, to a few decimal places. I can't help it.

So I get up, sit in front of my computer and start messing around with cheesetracker. Usually this just results in horrible noise, but sometimes I end up with something I like.

Last night produced "Yet another" [ogg|mp3]. I might have been listening to to much Wagon Christ. Or eaten too much cheese.

Have a listen. It starts out with a metallic drum'n'bass beat over distorted piano, but quickly changes to something else entirely.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Social bookmarks

Delicious

Bookmark this on Delicious

Links

Support The Commons









This site:

Free your code:

archives