20 November, 2005

 

Telewest's Teleport

Well, the service went live.

I have mixed feelings about it, to be honest. It's nice to be able to watch things whenever I feel like it, but the choice is limited.

Not only is it only selected programs, they seem to be selected from only a few channels and by someone who I wouldn't like to share a TV with.

There's Eastenders a plenty, and lots of other drivel (When Games Attack, or whatever it is), but not the things I'd actually want to watch.

Little Britain was on there, which was good. And an episode of Ideal, but since the law of repeats says that if you only catch a few episodes the first time around, those are the few you'll catch the second time around, I only watched a few minutes.

The films look OK - there's plenty to choose from now (around 250) and not having to watch them at scheduled times is good. Oh, and the pause and rewind functions mean I can use the loo without missing key plot developments, so that's good too.

For an extra five quid a month, I can watch old series as well. But since the list of things available at the moment is a little short and a lot uninteresting, I'll keep my fiver for now.

Maybe I'm just expecting to much. I've wanted on-demand television for a long time and now it's here, I'm already bored and dissatisfied with it.

Ho-hum.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Social bookmarks

Delicious

Bookmark this on Delicious

Links

Support The Commons









This site:

Free your code:

archives