18 January, 2006

 

I'm sitting on the train, on my way home, and I just found a copy of The Sun, open at the crossword.
There's a set of cryptic clues and no answers written in yet, so I thought I'd kill some time with it.
I got halfway through the clues without getting a single one when I realised that the answer to "something that fit people can touch, perhaps" was toes.
Looking back over the clues that had previously stumped me, I found they were pretty much all the same, and the difference between the normal and cryptic clues has more to do with how many words they contain than difficulty.
I didn't bother doing any more, but whinging about it on my mobile keypad has stopped me sleeping on the train instead.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Social bookmarks

Delicious

Bookmark this on Delicious

Links

Support The Commons









This site:

Free your code:

archives